An Translucent Opal Priplak Polypropylene sheet designed specifically for Backlit applications.
This offers an environmental alternative to the more traditional Opal PVC / Translights and is 100% recyclable.
Printable either by Screen, UV digital or UV Litho.
If you wish to include a material credit on your printed work we recommend the following text :-
An environmentally sound plastic. Polypropylene offers many
advantages due to its composition. It is a polyolefin, and doesn’t contain
any halogens or chlorine. It is also free from any plastifiers, such as
phtalates, which are often used in the production of PVC. After finishing
with a product made from Priplak, the material can be recycled, or burnt
or added to landfill, without any risk of toxic substances harming the
environment or people’s health.
A recyclable product and a recycled range. During its lifecycle, one of
the key features of polypropylene is its ability to be recycled many times
without any significant change in its physical properties. Priplak has
also embarked on an ambitious scheme to collect some of the waste
from larger customers. Together with its physical characteristics this
has enabled Priplak to develop a certified range of 100% recycled
- Suitable for direct food contact
- Complies with EN17 (Part 3) Toy Safety Regulations
- bus shelters
- control panel overlays
- graphics - indoor
- graphics - outdoor
- graphics - window
- in-store fabrication
- in-store graphics
- light boxes
- point of purchase/sale
- pop-up displays
- promotional print
- signs - illuminated
- signs - temporary
|priplak backlit 051 machine trimmed||1067 x 1575||0g/m2|
|priplak backlit 051 machine trimmed||1250 x 1850||0g/m2|
Sizes shown in mm.
- Printing process
- Litho, UV and screen. <br>The surface is corona treated to enhance good ink key. The treatment is guaranteed for 6 months for conventional screen printing, and 3 months for UV screen printing, UV litho and UV inkjet. <br>The user must check the date on the label and not print the Priplak if the guaranteed treatment time has expired. <br>Flat Bed Digital - Priplak has been successfully printed on all leading manufacturers flat bed printing machines, however trials are recommended before use.
- Printing inks
- Litho UV/screen - use inks for polypropylene (ink suppliers can advise)
- Hot foil blocking
- Brass or steel block is preferred
- Allow Priplak to acclimatise to room temperature. Crease on a flat bed without channels. The creasing process lengthens the material.
- Cutting & trimming
- A double cut procedure should be adopted when guillotining to minimise splitting/chipping at the edges. Die cutting is recommended for 800µ and above. Handle with care to avoid risk of scratching.
- Food contact
- This grade is suitable for direct food contact under EEC Directive 2002/72/EC.
- Toy safety
- Yes, complies with EN71 Part 3 Toy Safety Regulations
The Robert Horne Group is committed to the responsible purchasing of paper products. This commitment will be realised through a stepwise approach to responsible purchasing that utilises the best available techniques and information. Robert Horne requires its suppliers to abide by all local, state and national laws and international conventions. For further information and full Responsible Paper Purchasing Policy, visit:http://www.roberthorne.co.uk/environment
Other PRIPLAK products
- priplak cristal plus
- priplak basik
- priplak supercristal
- priplak stardust
- priplak classic
- priplak izyliss opaque
- priplak absolut