The Robert Horne Group recognises that its products and business operations have an influence on the environment and endeavours to take practical steps to minimise any negative impact.
As a responsible company we will strive to comply with all environmental, legal and other requirements that apply to our activities, products and services. We will ensure the availability of the necessary resources to implement, maintain and develop environmental management in order to deliver continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
To ensure this we will:
- Manage our operations and activities to comply with applicable environmental laws, regulations, licences and other commitments to which the company subscribes.
- Make available a choice of recycled products as well as those originating from certified well-managed sources or operating accredited environmental management systems.
- Require suppliers to demonstrate their respect for the environment by following responsible working practices. They will be required to utilise raw materials from well-managed sources and to verify their claims on environmental issues when requested. As a member of the WWF-UK Forest & Trade Network, we commit to the responsible purchasing of paper products.
- Commit to open and reliable communications with all stakeholders. Environmental information will be published for our major stocked products in order that the consumer is able to make an informed choice of material.
- Identify, reduce and dispose of waste arising from our operations in a manner that minimises harm to the environment and prevents pollution of land, air and water. We will implement a stepwise and quantified approach to waste reduction and increased recycling.
- Reduce the consumption of fuel, energy and water and use renewable and/or recyclable resources wherever practicable.
- Apply the principles of hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control, taking into account any environmental impacts when making new investments or disposing of old assets.
- Provide information, instruction and training for employees on relevant environmental issues.
The Robert Horne Group board takes responsibility for the maintenance and revision of the policy, which it will review on a regular basis, in order to set and review environmental objectives and targets for continuous improvement.
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the commitment and involvement of employees at all levels of the business. Their suggestions and participation is encouraged and will contribute to the success of this policy.
Group Managing Director
- PDF WWF 2010 (288KB)
- PDF Policy Statement (59KB)
- PDF WWF-UK (300KB)
- PDF ISO14001 certificate (777KB)